Crisis Preparation Planning establishes a framework for Companies to evaluate the potential effect of individual or collection of online negative posts.
With multiple people in an organization set up with Google alerts, clients are often barraged with emails about an individual post with the comment “Did you see this?” The presumption is a company is ready handle every negative post and if you missed it, you have put the Company at risk. This type of activity is inefficient and counterproductive to addressing a real crisis.
Benefits of a Crisis Preparation Plan:
- Establish a tiered (Red, Orange, Yellow, and Blue) designation system so people across the organization can easily understand the threat level;
- Understand influencers to filter the true risks from general noise;
- Learn what it really means for a post to spread virally, and determine at what level the social activity becomes a risk to the business;
- Creates a communication plan so the organization and its people know who does what when a potential crisis arises;
- Sets immediate activities that will provide reinforcements if a crisis should occur in the future.
Connect with us